The Arizona Parks & Recreation Fellowship and the Arizona Parks and Recreation Association recently updated their scholarship and certification assistance program for 2017.
- $750 Michael A. Ramnes Professional Scholarships to attend the NRPA Conference or an NRPA Management School
- $500 Dave Bang Associates Professional Scholarship to attend a non-NRPA related conference or educational opportunity
- $500 College Scholarships for full-time students enrolled in parks & recreation or other appropriate leisure degree programs
- $500 College Scholarships for full-time working professionals who are enrolled in parks & recreation or other appropriate leisure degree programs
- $150 reimbursement grants for parks & recreation professionals to assist with the cost of a professional certification course or certification test
Applications are posted below.
Review dates for all scholarships and certifications:
- Applications submitted January – March; review begins April 1
- Applications submitted April – June; review begins July 1
- Applications submitted July – September; review begins October 1
- Applications submitted October – December; review begins January 1
Applicants will be notified by the end of the month following each review date. There is limited scholarship funding available. Once the funding threshold has been met, no additional scholarships will be awarded for that year.
Adobe Acrobat Reader 8 or above is required
Click here for instructions on installing Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Open scholarship form in Adobe Acrobat Reader 8 or greater
- Read and complete the application packet
- Applications should be completed and saved on your computer. The application is a fillable pdf.
- Once you have completed the application and have all requested supplemental materials, email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Supplemental materials should be submitted electronically as well; eg. Scanned images
If you have any questions regarding the APRF Scholarship program, contact the Scholarship Committee Chair at email@example.com.